POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Transparency controlled by the angle of the light beam : Transparency controlled by the angle of the light beam Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Transparency controlled by the angle of the light beam
From: Henrik Fisch
Date: 30 Mar 2005 08:35:01
Message: <web.424aaaccbb332d515443a1c10@news.povray.org>
I need this feature for simulating stretched materials like an inflated toy
balloon. Normally you can look through the balloon. As your sight goes near
the walls of the balloon, you will notice that the balloon is no longer
transparent but will become more and more opaque. This feature is present
for example in Poser (e.g. V 4.03), whre you can set a min and a max value
for the transparency. But I can not find it in POVRay.

Please help. Do I miss anything in the documentation or is it not possible
to do something like that?

Regards,
Henrik Fisch